House Fire – Raising Money For Family

House Fire - Looking to raise $18,000

  • Description
  • Backers

My name is Kim Jones and here’s my story.

Our family fell victim to a home fire in August of 2014. While we were sleeping, a faulty electrical started a fire in our attached garage. Luckily for us, our neighbors noticed the flames and came pounding on the door. None of our four smoke detectors went off, so if they did not see the fire I would probably be telling a very different story, or worse yet, not here to tell the story at all.

Even though our local firefighters arrived at the scene within just a few minutes, the fire was aggressive and engulfed our older home quickly. We lost nearly all of our material belongings, including our car, but we are fortunate in that all four of us were able to escape the house without being injured or having smoke inhalation.

The hardest part was having to stand there watching helplessly as everything we built up over the years burned to the ground…and then having the overwhelming sense of worries and sadness that came afterwards.

Our family is hoping to raise around $18,000 to get a fresh start. Our homeowner’s insurance will cover most of our losses, but we are temporarily relying on the kindness of our in-laws for our housing and transportation needs while they work their way through our insurance claim.

In addition to losing our car, all of our clothing was destroyed. We literally left the home in our pajamas and were unable to carry little else with us.

I ask you kindly for any donation that you can comfortably afford. Once we get back on our feet and our lives get back to normal, our family will “pay it forward” as much as we can to help other fire victims, since we know the pain of going through it ourselves.

Thank you in advance for your kindness in our time of need.

 

Sincerely,

Kim Jones and family

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PLACEHOLDER PROJECT AND IS MEANT TO SHOW VISITORS HOW THEIR CAMPAIGN WILL DISPLAY ON OUR SITE.

Our family fell victim to a home fire August of 2016. While we were sleeping, a faulty electrical started a fire in our attached garage. Luckily for us, our neighbors noticed the flames and came pounding on the door. None of our four smoke detectors went off, so if they did not see the fire I would probably be telling a very different story, or worse yet, not here to tell the story at all. We are looking to raise $18,000 to help to pay for things that our family needs but that insurance won't help with.


    This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!

    Please upgrade today!

    WordPress Video Lightbox